[FFmpeg-user] Issues with video and audio streams not starting at beginning of file when using filter_complex.

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Jul 31 22:35:12 CEST 2014

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:17:40 -0700 (PDT)
ac83 <acloutier at c-spanarchives.org> wrote:

> Hello, We're testing out some transcoding using filter_complex, but can't
> seem to produce video that both starts on an I-frame and starts at the same
> time as the audio. In the past we've just done -ss x -i ... -t y and things
> have worked, but with filter_complex we're consistently seeing the audio
> start before the video which causes our video streaming server to play them
> out of sync. I've tried a large variation of commands.. using trim and atrim
> w/ and w/out setpts etc..
>
> ffmpeg -y  -ss 21 -i
> /var/scratch/processRaw/f/20140729154103013_hd.trp/20140729154103013_hd.trp
[trimmed]

This is quite the command and filtergraph. Could you provide the most
simple command and console output that still has the issue? Try to
narrow down the culprit. How can we reproduce the issue? Does it occur
only with specific inputs? What player are you using?