[FFmpeg-user] Abnormal video playback behaviour in Chrome

Amila Perera perera.amila at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:50:39 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I know that this question is not directly related to ffmpeg, but if you
guys have
similar experiences your advice/support is greatly appreciated.

I transcode a .mov file in realtime with the following command and send the
ouput byte stream in http response to
google chrome.

%ffmpeg.exe -i input.mov -vcodec libx264 -b:v 800k -s vga -pix_fmt yuv420p
-r 30 -frag_duration 2 -f mp4 tcp://localhost:1234?listen

I view the video as html5 video and google chrome plays it back but the
playback speed of the video is very fast.
The same video palys back at normal speed in IE11.

I tried different versions of the ffmpeg command (vsync etc.) but still the
problem is unsolved.

Do you have any idea or any suggestion for improving ffmpeg command that
might help to solve this issue.

Thank you in advance.
--

*Amila Perera.*