[FFmpeg-user] strftime deprecated...in favor of what?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Jul 6 16:15:46 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 10:39:24 -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> I saw that drawtext "strftime" was marked as deprecated, the question is,
> in favor of what, now, to replace it? (Just got this question from a user).

The "normal" expansion mode provides the gmtime and localtime functions
which both interpret strftime() type expressions. I assume you are
supposed to use those instead.

An example using the strftime type expression is given, which actually
requires more escaping in my Unix shell:

  drawtext='fontfile=FreeSans.ttf:text=%{localtime:%a %b %d %Y}'

Moritz