[FFmpeg-user] VFW versions of FFV1 and ffhuff?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Fri Jan 31 14:23:29 CET 2014

On 01/31/2014 10:59 AM, Timur Zaripov wrote:
> I am recording gameplay footage using Dxtory and Lagarith codec at the
> moment. I am interested to try ffmpeg alternatives, but the latest vfw
> versions that I could find are ffdshow-tryouts (early 2013) and those seem
> to be bugged (color artifacts on bottom of the screen).

Hm... I'm using ffdshow-tryouts a lot, and didn't see any regression
problems like you describe.
Could you please tell me which version/build of ffdshow-tryouts that was?

Encoding or decoding of FFV1?

> Does anyone know about more recent vfw ffmpeg codecs variants?

I'd also be looking for any way of having ffmpeg in VfW, since
ffdshow-tryouts is not supporting FFV1's advanced featureset for encoding :(
In case your application can also handle DirectShow codecs, you can try
"LAV Filters".

Regards,
Pb