[FFmpeg-user] combining "volumedetect" and "ebur128" audio filters

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jan 28 22:07:48 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 20:04:55 +0000, John Kean wrote:

> I'd like to use the "volumedetect" and "ebur128" filters on the same
> audio stream, but have not figured out a syntax to support this. Each
> one works fine, but the first is required to measure the signal peak
> level and second for the EBU/ITU loudness. Only the measurement
> results are needed. The command line I'm using is:

I'm no expert, but knowing that -filter_complex is very flexible, and
quickly checking the docs, this is what I easily came up with:

ffmpeg -i inputstream -filter_complex 'asplit [a][b]; [a]volumedetect; [b]ebur128' -f null -y null

and it seems to do the trick.

Feel free to comment if there's a better way. :-)

Moritz