[FFmpeg-user] Latency in ffmpeg while live streaming

Mustafa Yavuz 89.yavuz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 09:01:44 CET 2014

I am working on a project which has real time jobs. I should process a live
stream with almost no latency. As you know when we play a live stream with
ffplay there is some latency since it buffers some frames before playing
it. Is there same problem with ffmpeg, that is when I connect a live stream
and do some process like resampling and other calculations, does it have
latency as ffplay has. How can I be sure there is no latency?