[FFmpeg-user] FLV TO MP3 - memory spike

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jan 27 09:31:35 CET 2014

Karthik Babu Kantipudi <karthik <at> cytrion.com> writes:

> The problem is also with large flv files as input.
> The problem happens with file output too .

Can you provide the input file (and a command line)
that allows me to reproduce the problem?

> About the crash it happened bcoz of oom .

Yes, I would like to fix the crash, could you provide
a backtrace?

> Also I just noticed few hours ago that this problem
> does not exist with avconv .

Since avconv contains several hundred known,
user-reported bugs that are not present in FFmpeg
(some of them security-relevant), we cannot support
it here, sorry.

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen