[FFmpeg-user] Automatically crop longer file when merging

Samir joeindien at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 12:23:30 CET 2014

Hello,

I have recorded separatly two files for the same sequence: an mp4 file for the video part and a wav for the audio part. I can mix them easily with ffmpeg.

My problem is that the audio file is longer than the video file, about 1 second only but it produces an out of sync video...

I know I can crop my audio file but I need first to get the duration for my files to known how many time i need to cut.

Is there a way to tell ffmpeg to automatically crop the audio file to fit the duration of my video file?