[FFmpeg-user] Questions about w3fdif deinterlacing

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 19 14:14:02 CET 2014

Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:

> For example I don't know what happens to Undetermined
> as they are 0 here.

Undetermined frames are set to a historic "best" value
if I read the code correctly.

The more I look at the idet filter, the more I realize
it contains smart decisions to do all things that were
discussed in this thread.
The way I use the deinterlace filter(s), I always know
what content I use it on, this may be the reason why I
am unsure if this detection always makes sense.