[FFmpeg-user] Questions about w3fdif deinterlacing

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 00:40:56 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> The BBC broadcast their DVB-T2 HD H264 like this in the UK, and
>> ffprobe -show_frames will report interlaced or progressive per
>> frame.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, this is not true for most (or at least
> many) dvb provider.

Yea, I don't know whether it will become more popular or not.

The BBC don't do it for SD or the same HD on DVB-S2 - everything is
flagged as interlaced.

On w3fdif - I totally missed that going in, but after having a quick
look I think I would prefer yadif=1.

Maybe my test sample was unlucky, but it flickers like filtered bob near
the edges and manages to let some weave slip through.