[FFmpeg-user] Reversing PAL->NTSC telecining.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 12 18:14:28 CET 2014

Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> > If you play the original vob file with ffplay and seek
> > (with "up" and "page-up") do you see monotonic timestamps
> > in the console output or does something funny happen?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  If I do "ffplay IN.vob -ss 1580" (to skip to
near the 26:25 error)

My English is limited but what I meant was "ffplay IN.vob",
then use PgUp and Up to seek, watch the timestmap on the
console, and see if it does something funny at some point
(like resetting to 0).

> > Can you upload the sample that causes the memory problems?
>
> It happens on this sample 26 minutes in.

This sounds as if my guess with the timestamp discontinuity
might be right.

> That is approximately a GB file. I don't think you want
> me to upload it.

Why do you think so?
(There is a ticket that originally needed a 10GB file.)

I am just (very) unhappy if 20M are uploaded although
100k allow to reproduce the problem.

> Would a dd grab from the middle help?

If the output file allows to reproduce the issue, definitely!

> I don't know if that is how vob's work.

You can cut program streams (like transport streams)
with dd (if that was the question).