[FFmpeg-user] Reversing PAL->NTSC telecining.

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 14:59:27 CET 2014

> On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:33 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> > Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>  Actually, now that I think about it, I might rather
>>  see the frames as interlaced, in case something is going
>>  wrong with the fieldmatch.
>
> That is what I tried to say;-)
> (Thank you for clarifying.)

Looks like everything is working now. Fieldmatch does produce about 20 missed frames in a 40 minute show, which is fine. I looked for them and couldn't see them.

One caveat. The command

ffmpeg  -fflags +genpts -i in.vob  -i novid.mkv -map 0:v -map 1 -c copy out.mkv

uses upwards of 1.5G and I start hitting swap with a movie, not with a 40 minute show. I assume it is storing a index of the vob or something so that it can make the correct pts's. Is there some way to tweak the command for this situation?

> Consider to also test pullup since it is faster.
>
> Carl Eugen

I will if I have a problem with fieldmatch. For pullup I would replace

-vf fieldmatch,decimate

with

-vf pullup -r 24000/1001

and