[FFmpeg-user] Reversing PAL->NTSC telecining.

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 18:04:00 CET 2014

> On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:08 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> > Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>  Installing 2.1.1 now.
>
> Please test current git head.
> (You don't have to install a default build of FFmpeg, I
> never install.)

As, I said, my isp is blocking the source.ffmpeg.org. I don't like that, and I'm looking into fixing that. However,
with 2.1.1 and changing your suggested -fflags2 +genpts to just -fflags +genpts it seems to work now. Trying the whole process on a complete disc.

> [...]
>
>>  So you are saying that I don't need yadif because
>>  fieldmatch should just work?
>
> Correct.
>
>>  And in that case, what is the disadvantage of
>>  putting it in the filter-chain?
>
> That reproducing issues is more difficult.

Ok, so, if yadif=deint=interlaced isn't deinterlacing everything, and it could conceivably help (if fieldmatch missed, but did mark the frame) and I promise to try with out it in the filter-chain first if I have any issues, is there a downside?

Actually, now that I think about it, I might rather see the frames as interlaced, in case something is going wrong with the fieldmatch.

Thanks for all your help on this, I am really not trying to be difficult.

Nick Robbins