[FFmpeg-user] DPX image sequence conversion issue

Stuart Bruce stuartrbruce at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 21:37:06 CET 2014

On 03/01/2014 21:15, Phil Turmel wrote:
> Image sequences have an implied input rate of 25fps.  Look at the cut
> part of your output to see that.  ffmpeg was faithfully dropping input
> frames to convert 25 fps to 24 fps.
>
> use "-r 24" for both input and output options to solve this.
>
> Usage summary:
>
> ffmpeg [input options] -i inputfile [output options] outputfile
>
> HTH,
Thanks very much. This was exactly the problem I was having and the
solution I was after.

I knew that input options precede the -i, but I'd misunderstood the
logic and mistakenly thought that an image sequence would have a
framerate applied when it was output, rather than when it was input. Now
that I've added the extra -r it works exactly as I'd hoped- and
incredibly fast too.

Thanks again

Stuart

--