[FFmpeg-user] how to mux AAC into mpeg program stream?

Pavel Koshevoy pkoshevoy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:57:25 CET 2014

On 01/05/2014 09:56 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Pavel Koshevoy <pkoshevoy <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am not sure whether ffmpeg is able to (re)mux AAC
>> into mpeg-ps format.
> Do you have such a sample?
> (I did not find one.)
>
> Carl Eugen

Yes, I have a file I made with MainConcept SDK. I am actually trying to rewrite
the code to use FFmpeg instead of MainConcept SDK, and I ran into this problem
-- FFmpeg muxed the file and the file plays fine in Windows Media Player.
However, FFmpeg (ffprobe) itself doesn't recognise its own output file
correctly. I don't know whether this is due to a deficiency in the muxer or the
demuxer.

I'll open a bug and attach all the files.

Thank you,
     Pavel.