[FFmpeg-user] Concatenate mp4 file

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 26 12:18:33 CET 2014

Fabrice RAFART <frafart <at> free.fr> writes:

> On 26/02/2014 11:43, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > This sounds incredibly complicated.
> > Why cant you do all this in just one step?
> > Ie concatenating the input (with the concat protocol)
> > and outputting the mp4 you need.

> Because we don't keep the TS file as long as the MP4,
> for storage reason. So few week in the past, we only
> have the MP4 file.

I apparently misunderstand your original question:
I thought you are receiving transport streams via udp
and you need them (concatenated) as mp4.
To achieve this, you take several (four?) steps, my
question was why don't you reduce this to one step
using the concat protocol.
I realize now that this is impossible because you
cannot combine the udp and the concat protocol.
But why does the original udp command produce several
files? And how do you know that they don't overlap?