[FFmpeg-user] av_open_input_file: error -84

kolanchi kolanchi at fossilshale.com
Wed Feb 12 12:45:50 CET 2014

Hi Exports,

The problem is opening av_open_input_file() always return err -84

In my application I was using av_open_input_file.

pObj->filename= /opt/media.avi

  av_register_all();

        // Open AVI file
        err = av_open_input_file(       &pObj->pFctx,

pObj->fileName,

NULL,

0,

NULL    );
    if (err < 0)        {
        PB_ERR("av_open_input_file: error %d\n", err);
        return OSA_EFAIL;

Always I was receiving this error : av_open_input_file: error -84

can you please suggest me, what is  the root cause of issue.

Regards,
Kolanchi.