[FFmpeg-user] Hello and newbie question

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 11 17:26:43 CET 2014

Am 11.02.2014 17:20, schrieb Rio Kierkels:
> On 11 February 2014 17:10, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>

>> because the Ubuntu maintainer is a complete idiot who deployed you *not*
>> ffmpeg
>> at all but a unsuccessful fork
>>
>> so if you don't use ffmpeg ask for help on the libav-list and call Ubuntu
>> some bad names: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FFmpeg
>
> Just pointing him to some binaries would have sufficed...
> http://ffmpeg.org/download.html#LinuxBuilds

tell me something new - look at the post before
oh there was already the link and the history

reading what Carl has written too instead respond to it with "Why would Ubuntu
12.04 come pre-installed with an intentionally broken version with several hundred
known bugs" where the only answer is "the Ubuntu maintainer is an idiot" otherwise
he would *not* spread bullshit like "ffmpeg version 0.8.9-4:0.8.9-0ubuntu0.12.04.1"
while deploy libav would have lead to http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

well, i quote it again