[FFmpeg-user] LLossless (10 Bit RGB 444) and (10 Bit YUV 422) Compression

Jason Freets jasonslife at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 19:43:40 CET 2014

> Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] LLossless (10 Bit RGB 444) and (10 Bit YUV 422)	Compression
>
> Jason Freets <jasonslife <at> hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > So either on Linux or Windows, I still don't get a
> > correct conversion that views correctly.
>
> Don't you agree that it would be a problem if you get
> different output on Widows and Linux?

I am getting the same output on Windows and Linux: the r10k to FFV1 both play incorrectly. In other words, I am not getting different outputs....but the same output. They both play just as bad as the screenshots provided.

> Does the software that plays the colourbars correctly
> also play the following files?
> http://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/R10g.mov
> http://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/R10k.mov

No, I've never been able to play R10K. I've not tried R10g either.

Apparently there are different formats:

R10k (Big Endian)
R10g (Big Endian)
r10k (Little Endian)
r10g (Little Endian)

Sometimes this gets confusing like v210 (YUV) and r210 (RGB)...which is the mistake I made earlier.

I am on an Intel machine, so I am living in the Little Endian world....not that it matters as we should be able to create content for either. But, apparently there is a difference. I suppose most content (Blackmagic / AJA) is done via a Mac as they are high end codecs.

For example, I notice that the R10K (http://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/R10k.mov) is Big Endian whereas the r10k's I've been sharing with you are Little Endian.

It's just to say, I notice the FFMpeg has no r10k samples!

Cheers,

Jason