[FFmpeg-user] Help needed to work around incorrect DTS when capturing H264 from a Logitech C920

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Dec 16 10:33:40 CET 2014

Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+list <at> rabbit.us> writes:

> a playback of the stream via `ffplay -i stdin.h264`
> seems to run faster.

You can now use the input option "-r 30" to remux
this stream with "correct" timestamps.
(I am not sure if they will really be correct but
playback works fine here.)

The output will never be perfect because you have
reception errors in your input stream. Consider
using mpegts which allows such errors, I suspect
all other file types are invalid whenever such
errors occur.