[FFmpeg-user] Is latm decode with fdkaac possible?

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:32:26 CET 2014

Andy Furniss wrote:

> I was going to try and add some debugging to see what, is any,
> ancillary was broadcast in the UK (like heavy compression and
> mixdown). I know from adding debugging to ffmpeg aacdec that drc is
> broadcast, but couldn't find mix down meta.

In case anyone is interested I finally got round to adding some
parsing/logging to ffmpeg aac and the BBC at least on HD DVB-T2 do
transmit ancillary containing mixdown meta and heavy compression.

The mixdown does vary with content - I only looked at a couple of movies
and a couple of classical music proms. The movies were -3dB C and S, one
prom -6dB C -3dB S and the other -6dB both.

While testing I noticed that every 24th chunk had some different type
starting with 0xDA - anyone know what that is? I can't find that in any
docs so far.