[FFmpeg-user] How to record live video stream and seek stream by given time stamp?

Robert erpe.email at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 20:11:56 CEST 2014

I'm trying to set up streaming server with archive playback functionality
in it.

Is it possible to record live streams with current timestamps (as metadata)
and then seek stream by passing time stamp as start position?

According to ffserver docs (https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffserver.html) it should
be easy configurable but there in no enough information in given docs.
("ffserver is a streaming server for both audio and video. It supports
several live feeds, streaming from files and time shifting on live feeds.
You can seek to positions in the past on each live feed, provided you
specify a big enough feed storage.")

The next question would be as fallows: is there any web server module that
provides similar functionality as ffserver? I know nginx-rtmp module but it
lacks with many feature that ffserver provides.

How can I achieve that request below gives stream starting at given time
stamp:

`http://localhost:8080/test.mpeg?date=2014-07-26T23:05:00`
<http://localhost:8080/test.mpeg?date=2014-07-26T23:05:00>

or

`http://localhost:8080/test.mpeg?ts=1408039332`
<http://localhost:8080/test.mpeg?ts=1408039332>

Any input would be appreciated since I have been stuck on this on for a
while now.

Thanks,
Rob