[FFmpeg-user] Problem with concat - sound and picture breaks

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Aug 14 18:27:12 CEST 2014

Loadlinx <limiteddi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> picture and sound breaks badly.

> /root/bin/ffmpeg -y -re -f concat -i /home/ftp/kids/kids.txt

Unrelated: Please note that it is _very_ much unadvisable to
run ffmpeg as root.

> -vcodec copy -preset superfast -acodec copy
> -dts_delta_threshold 1000 -ar 44100 -ab 32k
> -f flv rtmp://10.0.0.17/live/kids

(I don't know much about rtmp: Is -f flv rtmp://
really the intended syntax??)

So you are reporting that the following doesn't
work as expected:
$ ffmpeg -f concat -i input rtmp://...
I concede that such questions and very similar
ones are asked often but I still wonder how
much sense they make: I assume that you aren't
sure if this is a problem with the concat input
or the rtmp output and I am not sure either.
But the difference is that for you it is quite
simple to first test concat input with file
output and then rtmp output with file input to
find out (while I can only guess).

And please always provide complete, uncut console
output.