[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg in QNAP for BubbleUPNP server .. somebody ever heard of this?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Aug 12 10:16:15 CEST 2014

Vittorio Ferrando <vferrando <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ./configure --enable-ssse3 --prefix=/opt
> --extra-cflags='-I/opt/include' --extra-ldflags='-L/opt/lib'
> --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-ffplay
> --disable-ffserver --enable-libmp3lame
>
> When I issue 'make', compiler exits

> AS    libavcodec/arm/lossless_audiodsp_neon.o

This indicates you are compiling for arm.

--enable-ssse3 - apart from the fact that it is
mostly a debug option and never makes sense -
makes no sense for arm compilation which makes
me think that you shouldn't follow mentioned faq.

"--enable-static --disable-shared" are default and
unneeded.

> gcc: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program as)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Did you read this?

It is possible that you can workaround the issue
by reducing the optimization level for the problematic
file but I suspect you should either downgrade your
toolchain and report the issue or upgrade the toolchain.