[FFmpeg-user] PCM wrapped AC3 to 6 channel discrete

Kurt Schroeder tech at comstar.org
Fri Aug 8 15:39:46 CEST 2014

I have many files recored from the PBS HD satellite feeds.
They all have audio recored as a .aiff PCM 24 bit audio track laid out as:
1 – left stereo
2 – right stereo
3 - AC3
4 - AC3
5 – sap left
6 – sap right
7 – DVS left
8 – DVS right

I need to decode the CH3 and 4 PCM wrapped AC3 5.1 encoded to 6 discrete channels and save it as PCM 24bit .aiff.

Like this:

1 – left stereo
2 – right stereo
3 – AC3
4 – AC3
3 – 5.1 left
4 – 5.1 right
5 – 5.1 center
6 – 5.1 - LFE
7 – 5.1 left rear
8 – 5.1 right rear
9 – sap left
10 – sap right
11 – DVS left
12 – DVS right

Channel remap is not hard from my testing.

The problem is forcing the PCM AC3 5.1 to be decoded.

Google did not help.

I tried forcing the codec to AC3, but it only works on the output as far as I have found.

Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.