[FFmpeg-user] prevent copying timecode track?

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Mon Aug 4 17:23:45 CEST 2014

Hi all,
I have some quicktime files with timecode tracks that I need to process but do not want the output to have a timecode track. A sample input is here: http://dericed.com/samples/fcp_capture.mov

With this file if I use -map 0:v -map 0:a -map -0:d I get a frame rate error:
https://gist.github.com/dericed/c8e3329ed550caaa9668

If I then declare the frame rate as well with -r 30000/1001 then the output file is produced but the timecode is still mapped, even though I use -map -0:d.
https://gist.github.com/dericed/0645188d11f1b59d18c7

Here is an ffmpeg -i of the output, still has timecode, https://gist.github.com/dericed/2708287bbf78727c95db

The timecode is still present in the output even if I do not use streamcopy, and use -c:v v210 -c:a pcm_s24le instead.

The presence of the timecode in the output causes an issue in another application, is there a way to transcode files like my input without mapping the timecode to the output?
Dave Rice