[FFmpeg-user] Best settings for upscaling 480p to 1080p?

John Klimek jklimek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 01:35:38 CEST 2014

I understand your argument, but something has to "guess" what that missing
information is, right?  If you play a 480p video on a 1080p monitor, then
either the video card or media player is upscaling ("guessing") to the
native resolution.

I was wondering if there was a better method at upscaling than letting the
video card or media player perform it.

I've read that lots of people like the DVDO upscaling products so there
must be a difference in methods and some might be better than others?