[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg

miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Mon Apr 21 22:58:38 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-21 22:18, miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr wrote:
> [...]
> don't want to
> lose my work, just because I may think differently, such as I think
> and express
> very openly on NSA spying that is getting a strong hold in GNU/Linux
> through
> SELinux, while the honest and very reliable Grsecurity/Pax are being
> sidewayed
> (and even so through censorship).
>
> So this time I don't want to write and lose my work.
>
> So my question is, to Gentoo Admins and Moderators and Developers, can
> I openly
> ask honest questions on Gentoo Forums about the issue that I broached
> here, and
> do you mind about me calling for witnesses in among the FFmpeg Admins,
> Moderators and Developers, as well as subscribers?
>
> And can you, FFmpeg team, allow me to openly voice my concern that I
> touched
> upon here?
>
> I'm writing in a little hurry, I'm long overdue doing other things,
> basically
> using my Gentoo, and not still building it (and pls. notice that the
> hindrance
> in question has interfered even with my building that I should be
> finishing
> doing), so pls.  forgive syntax and other typoes and errors.
>
> Pls. allow this in the open, it is probably best for this message to
> be on the
> FFmpeg Users Mailing list and publically in the archives as all emails
> get to
> be, and after getting a reply from Gentoo Admins, hopefully positive,
> opening a
> topic on Gentoo Forums and giving my entire explanation, with very
> clear
> arguments.
>
> I'm after peaceful solutions, not warrring, but absolutely against
> arrogance in
> imposing programs on users,
>
> Miroslav Rovis
> Zagreb, Croatia
> www.CroatiaFidelis.hr
>
> Post Scriptum: On a final note, I am not certain who among the Gentoo
> team to
> contact about this, so it has to be a public link on the
> forums.gentoo.org to
> start with, as soon as my email shows in the FFmpeg archives. When I
> think
> carefully, that is the sole way that I can do it, I have no time for
> asking and
> waiting, and asking and waiting, as sometimes happens with some of the
> Gentoo
> people. Once the link is public, there is no need repeating. Much
> easier.
>
> I will, however, send this copy straight to the main Admin of Gentoo
> Forums, at
> the same time as I will send this letter to the FFmpeg Users list, so
> that
> entire text holds completely fair and true.

I did, first thing, send the entire of the above text to the main Admin
of the Gentoo Forums.

And, the title the same, on Gentoo:
Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7539612.html
(pls. hurriedly take notice that the link is alive right now, else I
won't have witnesses that it was alive; happened, happened, it did
happened to me on Gentoo Forums)
...There is a little longer to wait now: