[FFmpeg-user] Distorted audio in screencast

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Fri Apr 18 22:32:11 CEST 2014

Op Friday 18 Apr 2014 18:44 CEST schreef Carl Eugen Hoyos:

> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil <at> decebal.nl> writes:
>

>> ffmpeg -async 1                         \
>
>> -f alsa                          \
>
>> -i hw:1                          \
>

>> -ac 1                            \
>

> Move "-ac 1" in front of "-i"

Eh, it was:
ffmpeg -async 1                         \
       -f alsa                          \
       -i hw:1                          \
       -f x11grab -s 1280x1024          \
       -r 25                            \
       -ac 1                            \
       -i :0.0                          \
       -acodec libmp3lame               \
       -ar 22050                        \
       -ab 64k                          \
       -qscale:video 4                  \
       testing.avi

There are two -i's and I put it before the second. :-(

When I make it:
ffmpeg -async 1                         \
       -f alsa                          \
       -ac 1                            \
       -i hw:1                          \
       -f x11grab -s 1280x1024          \
       -r 25                            \
       -i :0.0                          \
       -acodec libmp3lame               \
       -ar 22050                        \
       -ab 64k                          \
       -qscale:video 4                  \
       testing.avi

it works, but I still have the distorted sound. So it still does not
work satisfactory. So I just use one web-cam for the video and the
other for audio. Not optimal, but it works.

By the way, with the above command the audio only starts after 3
seconds.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer