[FFmpeg-user] Optimal workflow for concatenating (reliably)

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Thu Apr 10 18:28:45 CEST 2014

hdn8 in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Thu, 10 Apr 2014 08:07:34 -0700
(PDT)):
>Interesting debate over the "1-pass" normalization, I also think that
>introducing an 'approximated' normalization into the core would be
>useful in certain scenarios.

I never really understood the resistance against it. Maybe I stepped on
somebody's toes. Feel free to use my patch. I am keeping it up-to-date
with git head.

https://github.com/Jan-E/MyMpeg/blob/master/ffmpeg_patches/volnorm_new.patch

In some cases you have no choice and have to do it 1-pass, for instance
when transcoding a live-stream.

Jan