[FFmpeg-user] configure features: pkgconfig support

Mark Himsley mark.himsley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:53:05 CEST 2014

On 7 Apr 2014 08:47, "Tim Nicholson" <nichot20 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 04/04/14 13:47, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Moritz Barsnick <barsnick <at> gmx.net> writes:
> >
> >> How about pkgconfig support for libx264 and libfdk_aac?
> >
> > I was so far able to prohibit this...
> > What does not work for you? Could you
> > explain the use-case that currently does
> > not work but would work with pkgconfig?
> >
> >> Or is there some legacy (e.g. old versions without .pc)
> >> which this would break?
> >
> > I wouldn't call OSX and mingw legacy...
>
> Interesting as a recent thread on ffmbc irc seemed to suggest that
> switching to pc for libx264 helped with the latest versions of mingw..

Although, I was talking about cross-compiling with mingw on Linux, and
there I tend to sym-link the Linux pkg-config to
/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-pkg-config so that the --cross-prefix finds a
pkg-config.

I agree that OS-X doesn't include pkg-config by default, but I always
install one from one of the package suppliers. So many libraries require
pkg-config I believe its vital to have it available when compiling.

--

Mark