[FFmpeg-user] Combining 24fps Video with 23.976fps Audio

Sam Logan shapableline at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 09:49:00 CEST 2013

On 9/21/13, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> The filters allow you to specify the stream they should
> work on, please see the filter documentation.

Ah, yes, okay, I didn't realize that was possible. I found the
:a:[strm] syntax in the documentation, and with it was able to
reencode the audio to sync up by using the asetpts and atempo filters.
Thanks!

On 9/20/13, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>> The atempo and the setpts filter should allow you to change
>> the speed of the files:
>> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#setpts_002c-asetpts
>> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#atempo

One more question on this topic: would it also be possible to also
change audio speed with

-filter:a aresample

I ask because the documentation at
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#aresample-1 says "This filter is
also able to stretch/squeeze the audio data", which seems like the
same thing. But there are no examples either there or at
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-resampler.html on what exact arguments must
be used to do this. Basically, I'm asking, is it possible to duplicate
the effect of...

asetpts=1000/1001*PTS

...or...

atempo=1001/1000

...using aresample, and if so, what exactly are the arguments to be used?