[FFmpeg-user] A lot of white noise when capturing from the microphone

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Mon Sep 16 22:16:28 CEST 2013

Op zondag 15 sep 2013 21:42 CEST schreef Carl Eugen Hoyos:

> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil <at> decebal.nl> writes:
>
>> At the moment when I capture audio I get a lot of white
>> noise. I am using (like I think I did in the past):
>> ffmpeg -y -f alsa -i hw:0 audio.mp3
>
> Complete, uncut console output missing.
>
> Please test ffmpeg -f alsa -i hw:0 out.wav

I'll do that. But the problem is partly solved. I am now using a
better type of web-cam with a good inbuilt microphone. That works
fairly good. A little bit of noise, but I am not using hardware of
$ 1.000,-, so that is to be expected. But the strange thing is that in
the past the microphone worked good.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer