[FFmpeg-user] About the command -vcodec

陈立 kidney at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sun Sep 15 17:59:09 CEST 2013

> No, it will not copy the bitstream. But since you're taking a YUV
> 4:2:0 planar video, decode it, and encode it to YUV 4:2:0 planar,
> there will be no observed difference between your input and output, as
> the whole process is lossless.

Your explanation is really helpful to me! But since the input is YUV 4:2:0 uncompressed file,

How did ffmpeg decode it with the parameter "rawvideo"? And what encoder did it use

to encode then? Did any intra or inter prediction, quantization or arithmetic coding happen during the

decoding and encoding process?

I used the

ffmpeg -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 1024x768 -r 30 -i balloons1.yuv -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuvy422
 -frames 1 -r 30 balloons1_output.yuv

And then program myself to "fread" the balloons1_output.yuv according to yuvy422 format, and all of the pixels

and be read out into the memory without any decoder and encoder process. So what did the decoder and encoder in ffmpeg

do?

--
Best Regards

Aaron Chen
EEIS at University of Science and Technology of China
+86-15556966293