[FFmpeg-user] About the command -vcodec

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Sep 14 16:30:01 CEST 2013

陈立 <kidney <at> mail.ustc.edu.cn> writes:

> But if the input is the uncompressed avi format,
> rawvideo and copy will yield the same result,
> right?

I don't think that there is any guarantee that the
output is bit-identical but if the input has codec
x then -vcodec x and -vcodec copy both produce an
output file with video encoded with x (assuming an
encoder for x exists and remuxing x is supported).

Please do not top-post here and please consider
sending text-only emails to this mailing list.