[FFmpeg-user] avidmix can trim video but not sound

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Sep 11 20:26:10 CEST 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013, at 09:16 AM, J. Bakshi (জ. বকসী ) wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to trim a video to delete the unwanted advertisement from it.
> I am using avidmix. It can trim the video successfully but not sound.

This is the user support mailing list for the FFmpeg tools. Third-party
products/tools/applications are not supported here.

> Is there any tool which can trim both audio/video from the mp4 file ?

Did you try ffmpeg? See the -ss, -t, -to, -map, and -codec options.
Simple example to skip the first 5 seconds and create an output with a
duration of 2 minutes and 10 seconds:

ffmpeg -i input -ss 5 -t 00:02:10 -codec copy output.mp4

Also see:
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Main-options
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Stream-copy
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Stream-selection