[FFmpeg-user] aspect ratio changes in the middle of the stream

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 17:07:01 CEST 2013

On 06/09/13 12:43, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Tim Nicholson <nichot20 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> MAy broadcast .ts streams set aspect ratio on a frame by frame basis,
>> the question is how to get ffmpeg to do the same.
>
> I don't think this is possible but it is the opposite of
> what was asked in this thread, or am I wrong?

No, I was being slightly simplistic/vague in my description sorry to
confuse. I think that padding to 16:9 on a frame by frame basis is what
is wanted, the principle is what I was after, i.e, get one filter
(aspect, padding) to dynamically alter its parameters, frame by frame
based upon frame rate metadata extracted from each frame.

--
Tim