[FFmpeg-user] Image extraction broken with ffmpeg, but not with mencoder. How can I fix this?

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 00:00:11 CEST 2013

>Why you think this is bug?

>By default ffmpeg creates cfr output.
>So probably your input is vfr and that is why some frames are duplicated.

So then what is it?  A feature?  You've got to be joking.
This is the simplest possible video processing task: convert
an uncomressed raw video file to the correct sequence of images.

Don't complain when I still use mencoder for my video
tasks.  If ffmpeg can't get the simplest of all possible video tasks
right, that makes you wonder how many more things
are incorrect, but people just don't notice.

Are you really tryng to help?  CFR?  VFR?  The source is uncompressed
raw video!  The output is (should be) a sequence of images, one for each
frame in the input video.  Where does CFR or VFR even come into play?