[FFmpeg-user] Not able to convert from AVID MXF XDCAM HD

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Thu Oct 31 10:18:26 CET 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Rienk Leendertse <subscribe at lasserij.nl> wrote:

> On 30 okt. 2013, at 11:10, Robert Krüger wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> thanks Robert,
>>> don't have acces to your ftp server right now. (Too many connections for this IP).
>>> Probably someone somewhere in the building has a connection with your server now.
>>> Will try it later today, otherwise tonight, from my home...
>>
>> You can also use http://www.datafilehost.com if that works better for you.
>
> Well,
>
> obviously you guys are more command line people than I am :-)
> (no pun intended)
> Filezilla, Cyberduck and safari were not able to upload, but plain command line ftp put did the trick...
>
> There are testfiles now on the ftp server, with an explanation text. file names all start with 1sec_mxf_test

These files are Op-Atom files as suspected, which means this is not a
bug but a missing feature. Support for this flavor of MXF is not
implemented. I attached all diagnostic info I have about the files.
Maybe it helps if someone wants to tackle this.

If you need to convert the files to something ffmpeg can handle (for
further processing), you can use the bmxtranswrap utility from the bmx
project at sourceforge.