[FFmpeg-user] Getting raw mpegts from hls?

Срђан Обућина obucinac at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 15:38:10 CET 2013

Earlier, hls was implemented as a protocol, and it was possible to get raw
mpegts packets from hls by imposing input format with something like this:

ifmt = av_find_input_format("mpegtsraw");
avformat_open_input(fmt_ctx, _src, ifmt, NULL);

Now, ths is not possible anymore, or I cant find a way to do it.

This is exceptionally important for embedded devices, since many devices
have hardware demuxers, which needs to be fed wit raw ts data.

So, my question is - is there a way to get raw ts data from hls?

Thanks