[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg and ffplay can not play the TrueHD audio

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 12:03:50 CEST 2013

Steven Liu wrote:

> This sample have eight audio tracks, it just have music have no body
> speak sound, when is use vlc to play it, have body speak sound :)

ffplay has different default behavior from other players if you want a
stereo downmix, it also (I think) uses SDL which other players don't.

ffplay -ac 2 truehd2.m2ts works OK for me.

ffplay -request_channels 2 should in theory be better with a truehd
source but for some reason it behaves like -ac 2. It works with ffmpeg.