[FFmpeg-user] Audio "bumps" in concatenated file

Soeren Balko soeren at zfaas.com
Wed Oct 23 12:38:12 CEST 2013

I just tested this scenario with the libfaac and mp3 encoders and basically
see the same result: there are "bumps" (brief drops in volume) at the glue
points of the transcoded segments.

I also tested the audio-only option (by mapping out the audio stream in the
first step) - but again, there are noticable bumps where the transcoded
segments are concatenated back together. Again, I tried both the mp3 and
the libfdk_aac codecs. Not sure what's going on here: it almost appears
like a bug to me...

Any thoughts?
Soeren