[FFmpeg-user] Trac file size limit

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Oct 20 13:55:42 CEST 2013

Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:

> would it be a problem to extend that just a little?

I am sorry but I am strictly against this.

> 2.5 Meg seems really small unless you never want
> video to be attached using that mechanism.

This surprises me, nearly all non-desync related
issues can be shown with smaller samples, issues
related to A/V synchronisation will practically
always need much more than 5MB.
(Typically 50 - 100MB)

> Of course I will FTP my 5 Meg video sample if I
> have to but having the upload function would be
> a lot more convenient for users.

You may use http://www.datafilehost.com/ which may
be slightly more convenient than ftp.

> If maybe for administration reasons, it is
> discouraged to use this function to upload sample
> files then it would be great to document this
> somewhere.

It is definitely not discouraged, on the contrary.