[FFmpeg-user] Encode jpegs into .mp4 (xh264)

jjpang junjiepang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 07:24:58 CEST 2013

Hi,
  I have been trying to find out how to convert a series of JPEGs into a
.mp4 container with h264 encoding in C/C++. However, I could not find a
"sample/tutorial" online. I've encountered some problems and wondering if
anyone could help out this newbie =)

1) How do i prepare/load the image for encoding ?
2) I've tried changing the sample program:
(https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/doc/examples/decoding_encoding.c)
to pass AV_CODEC_ID_MPEG4 as codec... However the output file seems
unplayable...