[FFmpeg-user] How to remove atoms from MP4?

Stephan Asovski s0527705277 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 23:01:52 CEST 2013

I'm merging two mp4 files for video streaming. the problem is, the merged
file contains two atoms, 1 atom from each file and that is a problem when
it comes to streaming. the client needs to wait until the first atom loads
from file1, than when it's time to play second part from file2 client will
wait again for the atom to be loaded. when your atom is small you may not
notice this, but when you stream a large video, atom could weight 7-10mb.

How can I remove those two atoms from merged file and create a new one?

what i've tried:

ffmpeg -i file1.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts intermediate1.ts
ffmpeg -i file2.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts intermediate2.ts
ffmpeg -i "concat:intermediate1.ts|intermediate2.ts" -c copy -bsf:a
aac_adtstoasc m.file.mp4

MP4Box -add m.file.mp4 -isma mf.file.mp4
mv mf.file.mp4 m.file.mp4