[FFmpeg-user] ffvhuff codec improvement

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Oct 2 15:47:51 CEST 2013

On 10/01/2013 11:25 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> buddhabauch <buddhabauch <at> gmx.at> writes:
>
>> If yes, ffvhuff would be a very good lossless
>> mezzanine codec for SD and HD.
> What's wrong with ffv1?
> (Which produces significantly smaller files iirc.)

Of course, we all know that FFV1 rocks for lossless use! ;)
I think what buddhabauch is looking for is just a very fast lossless
codec for mezzanine usage.

If used as a fast mezzanine format (e.g. during realtime capture), I
think he's interested in being able to store the same pix_fmts with
ffvhuff that ffv1 already supports.

Regards,
Pb