[FFmpeg-user] Turning an image set into an FLV with transparent background

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 2 13:44:09 CEST 2013

Adam <doadam <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I tested with this command and received the same results:
> ffmpeg -r 24 -i HippoBingo_B_Render_%04d.png -i music.wav
> -r 24 -ac 1 -vcodec flv -strict experimental -s 256x384
> -ab 128k z.flv

(Complete, uncut console output missing.)

I am not sure I understand your original report but if
your question is why the output file does not contain
transparency information then the answer is that FFmpeg's
flv encoder does not support transparency (or in FFmpeg
speech: Does not support yuva420p colour space).

I am not sure if this is likely to get implemented but I
created ticket #3022.