[FFmpeg-user] ERROR: libass not found although I install it

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 2 10:57:11 CEST 2013

SrApy <srapy <at> msn.com> writes:

> this is the last few lines in config.log

> pkg-config --exists --print-errors libass
> Package libass was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libass.pc'
> No package 'libass' found

I assume that you get the exact same error message if you
type:
$ pkg-config --exists --print-errors libass

You will have to fix that if you want to use libass from
FFmpeg. I suspect it is possible to change FFmpeg so that
pkg-config will be unneeded but this will need an
explanation why it doesn't work for you.