[FFmpeg-user] scale video filter and force_original_aspect_ratio option

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Fri Nov 29 22:56:39 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 01:14 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> "decreasing or increasing" implies that one resolution will
> always be set to the native resolution of the device, "if
> necessary" means that width or height as provided by the
> user will only be changed if that is necessary to keep
> aspect ratio.

In my opinion the docs can be made more clear and explicit; especially
since neither James nor I are unfamiliar with ffmpeg and, as far as I
can tell, we both seem to be getting a different (mis)understanding of
the docs than you. I'll submit a patch if I work on it.

> Please remember that the bug tracker is not a support
> forum (which is here).

I did not suggest that the bug tracker should be used as a support
forum.