[FFmpeg-user] video from slides, sound and transition times

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri Nov 15 20:51:01 CET 2013

On 11/14/2013 10:35 PM, Stevens, Thom (US - SCPL) wrote:
> [...]
> In the example for creating the video from images, the post creates a
> .mp4 file. A variant of the post will work for your needs (replace
> libx264 with your preferred encoding):
>
> ffmpeg -r 1/15 -i img%03d.jpg -c:a libopus -c:v libx264 -r 30
> -pix_fmt yuv420p out.mkv
>
> Will convert a series of images named, "img000.jpg" through
> "img999.jpg" into a video showing each image for 15 seconds....

Tharnks for your reply, Thom.

I googled before asking to the list and I found
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Create%20a%20video%20slideshow%20from%20images.

But the issue here is that this method assumes that each image will be
shown the same time, but this is not what I need

I need a way to be able to read a file that contains the duration in
milliseconds, such as:

1813
2381
5776
9273

What I have in mind is a video of something similar to the Flash
presentation at  http://www.free-culture.tk/.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--